Through preferences, you can customize QuickBooks to suit the needs of your business and your personal style of working.
To do this task
- Go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
- Click a preference category in the list on the left.
For example, to set preferences for jobs and estimates, click Jobs and Estimates.
- On the My Preferences tab for the area you select, enter the changes and settings you want.
Note: The settings you enter on this tab only affect your QuickBooks sessions, not those of other users.
- If you are the QuickBooks Administrator, click the Company Preferences tab to enter changes that affect all users.
Only the QuickBooks Administrator can enter changes on the Company Preferences tab.
- Do one of the following:
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Preferences window.
Click another preference category in the list on the left to enter preferences for a different area of QuickBooks.
In the next few posts we will go over different tips and tricks that you may not have known exist in the preferences menu…